Hazardous Areas Verification Dossier
A ‘Verification Dossier’ is defined in IEC Ex 60079.14, EN 60079.14 and AS/NZS 60079.14 as ‘a set of documents demonstrating the compliance of electrical apparatus and installations’.
A dossier is required for every installation and should be located on-site or in a location whereby anyone can have access to it.
The dossier is a legal document that demonstrates the installation is compliant with the standards and should remain a live document that is updated frequently when equipment is inspected, new equipment installed or classifications change.
The following forms part of the Verification Dossier:
- Classification report and zone drawings
- Source of release table (including process temperatures above ambient)
- Equipment register
- Intrinsically safe & ventilations calculations
- Single line diagrams
- Drawings and schedules relating to circuit identification
- Inspections that have been carried out on the equipment in the zones (including any AS/NZS 3000 initial inspections for new or repaired equipment)
- Certificates of conformity for equipment (IECEx / ANZEx etc)
- Conformity assessment documents for equipment not correct certified (UL, CSA)
- AS/NZS 4671 competencies and electrical license details
- Manuals and calibration instructions
- Calibration reports for instruments including gas detection devices
- Records of any maintenance conducted (repair, overhaul, replacement action)
- Details of any purging pressures or flow rates for Ex v / Ex p systems